Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Which way to the Flying Monkey Bar?

Blurry, but finished! Wicked is Done!!!!! I am now a proud member of SKC;) Hotcha-cha-cha! And now here is the breakdown. My Wicked "666" history. This took me about 6 days to complete, not counting the waiting time for the additional yarn to arrive. Knit on size 6 needles. I used 6 balls of Rowan's Cashsoft DK in "Clementine" for size 40-43" Large and I used EVERY last bit of this yarn. I wanted 3/4 sleeves, but running low I stopped knitting first sleeve at the elbow and then had to recalculate yardage when I ran out of yarn 20 rows into the second sleeve. After an evening of frogging and praying to the Knitting Gods to show mercy on my Wicked Soul, I had sweet success;)
The ever popular Bathroom mirror shot....Sorry.

Phew, stick a fork in me, cause I'm DONE!

Now I need a beer:) Cheers!

11 comments:

Sherri said...

AWESOME!!!

Knitting Freak said...

I like it.
I think the sleeves look good at that length.

Cindiluhu said...

That turned out lovely! I have some sock yarn that would go fabulous! I wish I could get around to doing my Wicked but I'm still trying to finish hubby's socks by the 31st.

JulieFrick said...

I love it! I'm looking forward to trying this pattern myself. You used DK? Had to make some adjustments, no?

Kate said...

Love Wicked! I'm ripping mine but planning on restarting once I get some new yarn. :) Love the color too.

Robin said...

That turned out great - and that has to be some kind of record - 6 DAYS! Amazing.

Michelle said...

Definitely Wicked cool! I just love the color! so pretty and it fits you great!!!

allie said...

Nice work! You work quickly, I'm very impressed. I really need to buckle down and finish mine.

said...

It looks great! Every time I see this pattern I fall in love with it all over again, I guess that means I should get off my rear and knit it huh?

Wonderful job!

miss lame said...

i really love your sweater.

i also like your spunky 'tude. :D

Jess said...

Fabulous!! Did you do increases for your waist? Do yah remember about where? Like how many inches from the armhole opening?