Pages

Friday, April 13, 2007

39 Years ago today

She wore an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny "Pink" polka dot bikini. The only time I ever allowed anyone to photograph me from behind in a bathing suit. Today is my birthday. I asked my Brother to please send me a baby pic -as he has all the Family albums @ his house right now- and this is what he sends. So here I am in all my glory. Bald, lots of rolls, needing help to stand after one too many bottles. Nothing much has changed, except now I have hair. That is my brilliant & talented Mom's handiwork. At the request of my Dad, who thought a 2 month old should have proper bathing attire???? My Mom whipped up this little beauty. I still have it packed away in storage, with a front shot of her genius sewing magic. Girls gone wild...Eat your heart out! And looky here....What a nice surprise from my SP10 Pal! Lorna's Laces in "Flame". And ladies & gents....another Elvis sighting. How cool are those stitch markers? Just brilliant!
Lastly, because I can never be too caffeinated....Coffee, her Hubby roasted himself! I can report it is Dee-Lish, as I am enjoying a cup right now. Thank you Susan!
I'm off to celebrate my final year in the 30's with lots of Cadillac Margarita's...so I will probably be able to recreate this shot in a few hours. (look @ that carpet..eeek...and the couch!)
Cheers & Happy Friday the 13th!

8 comments:

Kate said...

happy birthday susan!

p.s. I like the new look of the blog - I've been reading you on bloglines so this is the first I've seen of it. :)

Anonymous said...

That bikini pic is adorable!!! Happy Birthday!

meg said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

I love the bikini shot. Hope you get nice and saucy and live it up!!!

Mines the 22nd and I'll be on vacay in Boston imbibing to no end.

caro said...

Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday. Love the pictures.

littlelixie said...

Those stitchmarkers are awesome!

Michele said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Hope it was grand!!!

Rita said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sue.
Love the photo of Joanne helping you with your first steps.
All the best!
Rita