1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Natural fibers, cotton yarns. Anything soft. Any yarn that shows/defines stitches well. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Furry/Fuzzy/Fake/Itchy
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I don't really "store" needles, they are kinda held hostage @ my house. Squished into a roll case a friend gave me a couple of years ago and some are in a glass, and some are M.I.A.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I was taught by my Mother at a young age, but have been actively knitting for the last 7 years. I found it great therapy after the death of Mom, Joanne who was amazingly creative & taught me everything I know. I would consider my self an "advanced intermediate", but maybe that's just wishful thinking:)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Not that I can remember....
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Fresh, clean, floral & fruit.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? uh...Yeah! Favorite candy? dark chocolate & anything with nuts. Almond Joy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? knit/crochet, sew, embroider, cross stitch Do you spin? Not yet.....my lys is thinking of starting a class, sooooooo?????
8. What kind of music do you like? Alternative, Blues, 80's-like KROQ, Elvis, The Beatles, Anything from "Grey's Anatomy" -such great soundtrack. Anything that gets you moving!!! Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Yes.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? red, orange, gold, green, pastels, jewel tones, neutrals. Any colors you just can't stand? Nope, pretty much like everything!
10. What is your family situation?Me, DH & 6 year old son, Jakey Do you have any pets? One dog, Cleo & one fish, Joannie
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I live in California, so occasionally scarves. Hats & mittens -not so much. Never cared for ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?It changes, @ the moment, small quick projects.
13. What are you knitting right now? socks, washcloths, shrug
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? doesn't everyone?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I use both, so really no preference. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I loooove Addi Turbo's, but one of these days I will treat myself to Lantern Moons Rosewood or Ebony needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Do hands, feet & knees qualify as a swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 4 years old & 2 years old, both blankets
18. What is your favorite holiday? HALLOWEEN!!!!
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn & Fabric, but maybe that's not so much collecting as it is feeding the habit. Love vintage-y looking Halloween decorations.
20. Any books - Greetings from the Knit Cafe, yarns anything hand dyed, especially unusual color combo's , needles Lantern Moon or patterns Simple Knit Bodice @ StitchDiva.com out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? a subscription to Vogue's Knit 1. and I usually just break down & buy all the other knitting mags I see on the stand.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I just taught myself the "magic loop" method, so next maybe knitting 2 socks @ the same time.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes! What are your foot measurements? 9 3/4" length - 9 1/4'' around ball of foot.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)04/13