Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Toothless Wonder


Here's Jake in all his glory, proudly sporting his Jack-O-Lantern grin from ear to ear. Mando snapped this pic of him talking to me on the phone last night. He called me on my way home from work to let me know he had finally lost his tooth. ( It was the 5th he has lost so far) Actually, it didn't so much as fall out as Mando "pulled" it out. I swear that dang tooth has been wiggling and dangling since last year! Anyway, when I got home he showed me the gap and we sat down to write a letter to the toothfairy. Who by the way has moved up to "Santa" status. The letter consisted of about 4 'I Love You's' and the all important question..."Since you are so tiny, how are you going to carry the Lego Star Wars game I want?" I explained this away with.."Well, the ToothFairy has alot of children to visit, so she usually will take the tooth & leave you money so you can buy something cool @ Target!" Not the best explanation, but hey it's all I got!
So, as I type this, Jake has crawled back into bed, clutching his cash and has reported that "I'm very, very tired and I can't go to school today." I'm off to re-wake my sleepy head with the threat of - If you don't get up, Dad won't take you to Target today. Ahh yes, the all powerful Target. I can get my kid to do just about anything for trip to the "red store".

1 comment:

Screen Doors Kansas City said...

Hi nice readiing your blog