Pages

Friday, May 11, 2007

Yo Mama!

The weekend is HERE! Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommy's out there in the great big blogosphere. I hope everyone has a wonderful day with family & friends. I am participating in the Revlon 5K tomorrow. This is my 8th year attending and although always very emotional it is soooooo worth it. Please continue to pray & support all the brave woman battling cancer. I remain optimistic they will find a cure & more preventative medicines.

Now in knitting news. My progress on DSL Tank from Fitted Knits. I have modified the pattern by working in the round. So far so good. I don't anticipate too many problems splitting for the underarms and neckline. Fingers crossed I can figure it out! That gorgeous yarn is Cascades pima tencel in teal. Ummmmm, another Chevron in the works. Socks that Rock in Thistle & Lemongrass. Makes me think of lemonade w/berries.
A little Chevron wave action. Looks soooo different from the Koigu..(which I prefer btw) But I still am enjoying it. Lemony Berry deliciousness.

My totally rock'in new tote. This was hand sewn by my friend Heidi. (Who incidentally is whipping these bad boys up & selling them at our LYS) She knows how much I love Dia De Los Muertos art. Looks like I've got myself a new Knitt'en bag! That's her baby Lily. She is her spokes dog. You can see more bags here. Awwwww, such a mug.

Now you may have noticed this lovely in the first pic. I have been lusting after this dress form forever. My dear friend Tammy got me this for my birthday. Isn't she fantastic??? Love it, love it, love it! I have the best friends. (even if they aren't knitters, they're still pretty cool..dontcha think?) That's about it for now. Have a great weekend all and be good to your Mothers.

9 comments:

meg said...

dsl is looking fanfreakingtabulous!

what great gifts!! good friends are the best.

the chevron is looking good, too!

have fun tomorrow and good luck.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that tank - it looks amazing in that color! Oh, and I am totally jealous of the dress form - I would love to get one but haven't gotten around to it yet.

littlelixie said...

All very very gorgeous. Am going to get a peek at a 'last minute knitted gifts' on thurs so may well be joining the chevron scarfers soon.

Unknown said...

Love love love the DSL! And I'm glad to see you finally finished the Thermal!!

Michele said...

I love the teal that you're knitting the Drop-stitch tank in-- lovely!

Nickerjac said...

I can't keep up with the speed that you knit:)
I have just tagged you for a meme feel free to ignore it x

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I am green with envy over the dress form!

The yarn is gorgeous.

Good luck with the run!

Jess said...

You knit clothing items at lightning speed. It seems like since I started poking around your blog, you have filled half your closet by now.
I am envious.
Liking the chevron, and now I want Fitted Knits. You enabler you.

Knittiana! said...

I have a surprise for you. Please forgive me, but you have been tagged. Visit me to a) yell at me, or b) get instructions.