Pages

Sunday, January 07, 2007

8 years today




I can hardly believe that it has been 8 years since my Mother, Joanne lost her battle with cancer. The anniversary of her death has never been too difficult for me. Not like her birthday, Mothers Day or Holidays without her. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it's also my Niece's birthday and that has always been a pleasant distraction. After we celebrated Analiese's 13th B-day we visited Holy Cross Cemetery....or as my Son calls it....the park where dead people are buried.

We got to "the park where dead people are buried" an hour before closing. It was so peaceful. Usually there are lots of people and it was nice to be somewhat alone this time.

My Grandmother is also buried here and after my Mothers death, my Aunt bought a plot there also.

I think I would like to be cremated and my ashes scattered. My Mom was very traditional so it was very important for her to be buried in a Catholic cemetery. I hope she is sewing/knitting/crocheting/painting/embroidering/crafting up there with Mary and JC. I love you and miss you so much Mom!....and I promise to teach that little maniac of mine to be crafty if it kills me!

No comments: